Students research a current energy topic and create their own eCard. Appropriate for many grades and subjects.
Access the best lessons, videos, and research in energy educationJoin the growing community of teachers who use our web-based teaching tools in the classroom. Developed by teachers, for teachers. Easy to use and always free.
GreenLearning Energizing Education
Get Started >>
Professional DevelopmentJust for Teachers
GreenLearning offers professional development workshops—on our various programs—at school board PD days, at subject association conferences, and at other venues.
Online community for teaching and learning about climate change. Appropriate for many grades and subjects.
Students build working renewable energy models. With construction plans and lessons; for a variety of grades and subjects.
Complete Grade 5 to 6 Science unit with downloadable lessons and online student activities.
A complete unit on energy dynamics and energy in living systems as well as energy production, delivery and use.
A complete high school unit exploring the connections between how we live, the global economy, and the natural world.
As Canada dips in and out of cold snaps, millions are preparing for the winter holidays. How can we make this season a green one? No, not that kind of green - what would winter be like without snow - we're referring to a more sustainable holiday season. We've prepared some suggestions on how you and your students can be more eco-conscious this year.
We need your input! Tell us how you teach climate change at the local level, engaging students in examining the impacts of a changing climate on their city, watershed or region and the adaptations and mitigation measures required. Take part in the discussion and help us create Climate Change Where I Live, our newest free educational resource...
Start thinking about your application now for your chance to win 1 of 10 computer labs valued at $25,000. Contest ends February 21, 2014.
- Ever tried it with #environmentaleducation? 3D Printing in the Classroom: 5 Tips for ... - http://t.co/KbF6NgQ8Xk via @po_st — 8 hours 39 min ago
- GreenCurrent - Have a Green Holiday #WasteLessHolidays #teachers http://t.co/oVXJ75Kozp — 18 hours 58 min ago
- RT @ThinkAfricaFeed: What #ClimateChange #Activists Can Learn from #Mandela's Great Legacy? http://t.co/u8d0vYRhpm #MandelaLegacy — 1 day 10 hours ago
- RT @LiveSmartBCca: BC's largest University, @sustainUBC, has over 480 sustainability related courses. #rippleEffectUBC #CarbonNeutral... — 1 day 17 hours ago
- #Yellowstone #supervolcano 'even more colossal' http://t.co/DJcwSfJLvS How do we #teach about 100s of cubic km of molten rock? — 1 day 18 hours ago
What Teachers Are Saying
GreenLearning places the student first. The eCards program takes the student from inside their classroom, expands their knowledge and challenges them to reach out to someone and attempt to affect a positive change.
Stephen MacKinnon, recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence